HEALTH AND WELLNESS POSITIVITY
In the dynamic world of college life, fostering a culture of health, wellness, and positivity is an important priority. Neon Entertainment understands this well, offering a diverse range of programs tailored to address pressing issues that affect students’ lives today. From body image activism to sexual assault recovery, these programs are designed to empower, educate, and create a safe space for open dialogue on college campuses. Check out some our thought-provoking and engaging programs that are making a difference in the lives of students.
Speaker Profile: Lindsay Rae is a seasoned speaker and professional photographer with extensive experience in promoting body positivity. Her program focuses on helping students navigate the challenges of body image in the age of social media and peer pressure.
Program Overview: Lindsay’s program delves into the ways in which social media and peer relationships can affect self-esteem and mental health. She provides practical tools and strategies for building self-confidence and self-compassion while encouraging inclusivity. Lindsay shares her personal experiences of overcoming bullying and trauma and exposes the unrealistic beauty standards perpetuated by the beauty industry.
- Understanding the impact of social media, media, and peer relationships on self-perception.
- Identifying sources of stress and anxiety related to negative body image and setting healthy boundaries.
- Developing self-care practices, including positive self-talk and promoting well-being.
- Building skills to combat cyberbullying and support others in their journey toward body positivity.
Lindsay Rae‘s program equips students with the tools to navigate body positivity positively and inclusively.
Speaker Profile: S.A.R.A., an acronym for Sexual Assault Recovery Assistant, is presented by an award-winning entertainer and speaker who uses comedy, circus tricks, and personal stories to facilitate conversations around mental health and sexual assault.
Program Overview: This program aims to educate students about consent, the signs of hazardous situations, setting boundaries, and communication tools. It empowers students to become informed and capable bystanders and create safe situations for themselves and others.
- Understanding consent and recognizing signs of hazardous situations.
- Defining boundaries, improving communication skills, and creating safety plans.
- Empowering students to be informed bystanders and support others.
- Encouraging dialogue and reducing the stigma around mental health.
S.A.R.A. offers a unique and engaging approach to address critical issues related to sexual assault and mental health.
3. Pure Praxis
Program Overview: Pure Praxis is an innovative program that uses comedy and high-energy theater to address pressing social and cultural issues. It offers a range of programs, including Campus Sexual Assault, Title IX Compliance, Anti-Harassment Solutions, Suicide Prevention Strategies, and DEI Best Practices. Through engaging re-enactments and open discussions, Pure Praxis empowers participants to tackle these issues positively.
- Gain insights into social and cultural challenges.
- Collaboratively develop solutions and critical thinking skills.
- Enhance communication and become agents of change.
- Practice intervention strategies for real-life situations.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Program Overview: This event combines live music, gentle yoga, meditation, and positive affirmations to promote relaxation, mindfulness, and creative expression. Led by a registered yoga instructor and musician, it fosters a sense of community and equips participants with self-care tools.
- Live Music: Soothing music enhances the experience.
- Gentle Yoga: Yoga helps reduce stress and restore balance.
- Guided Meditations: Promotes awareness of the present moment.
- Affirmation Cards: Participants create personalized positive affirmations.
- This program encourages students to take a break from their hectic lives and focus on self-care and well-being.
Program Overview: This multimedia performance combines storytelling, a short film, and live interviews with suicide survivors to raise awareness about suicide prevention and its impact on loved ones. It provides insight into the experiences of young adults affected by suicide and emphasizes the importance of seeking help.
- Raising awareness about suicide prevention.
- Humanizing the impact of suicide on survivors.
- Encouraging open conversations about mental health.
- Promoting the courage to seek help and support.
- This program offers a powerful and personal perspective on suicide and its aftermath, making it highly relevant for college students.
Program Overview: This program engages students in an open discussion about responsible drinking while showcasing the effects of alcohol on people’s lives. Through hypnosis, participants believe they are drinking alcohol, even though they are consuming bottled water. It provides a unique perspective on the dangers of alcohol.
- Alcohol awareness discussion.
- Hypnosis to simulate intoxication.
- True stories of alcohol’s impact.
- Personal experiences shared by the presenter.
Hypnotic Intoxication combines entertainment and education to encourage responsible drinking among college students.
Program Overview: This program offers a high-energy, interactive, and engaging experience to educate students about sexual assault prevention and Title IX compliance. It shifts the focus from victimization to empowerment and encourages open dialogue on campus.
- Understanding the seriousness of sexual assault.
- Empowering students to be proactive in preventing sexual assault.
- Creating a comfortable environment for discussing sexual assault.
- Promoting a human-centric approach to sexual assault prevention.
Zero Shades of Gray provides an enjoyable yet educational approach to address the important issue of sexual assault on campus.
Neon Entertainment offers a diverse range of programs designed to promote health and wellness positivity on college campuses. These programs address critical issues such as body image, sexual assault, mental health, and responsible drinking while encouraging inclusivity, empowerment, and open dialogue. By incorporating these programs into campus activities, college programmers can contribute to creating a safer and more positive environment for students, ultimately enhancing their overall well-being. Contact your Neon Entertainment agent today for booking and availability.
CONACT US FOR
YOUR HEALTH AND WELNESS PROGRAMMING NEEDS!
Contacts us at 800-993-NEON (6366) or Send us an email to inquire or book our virtual programs and events.