Student Success Topics
1. Mental Health & Well Being- Mental health challenges are a leading obstacle facing today’s college students and are associated with a lower GPA and higher probability of dropping out of school. In this session, Collegiate Empowerment will introduce tools to develop an empowered mindset and help students discover strategies to overcome mental health challenges and transform obstacles into opportunities.
2. Grit & Resilience- In this highly engaging and relevant educational session, we expose students to what it truly takes to not only survive college but to thrive. This session will provide students with the tools they need to increase their own personal resiliency, tenacity, and perseverance for success all the way through graduation and beyond.
3. Financial Education- This session cuts through the jargon of financial literacy and keeps it simple and fun delivering real life examples with practical follow-up actions to improve your financial education and outlook. Discover that becoming wealthy is more than just money. It’s a mindset and it’s about creating a wealthy life!
4. Time Management- There is one thing in this world that does not discriminate: time. This session teaches students to view time as their property and to invest time to their best advantage. Students will walk away with insights and tools to recognize what is truly important and take back control of their calendar.
5. Leadership- How do you get other people to want to follow you, move toward a common purpose, get people to feel energized to work together and get things done that everyone can feel proud of? In this session, students will learn the practices of great leadership and how each student can transform into a more successful leader. They will develop the tools they can put into practice immediately, so they can make an impact within their organizations and throughout campus.
6. Vision & Goals- This session focuses on the individual leader and taps into their power of personal vision. Participants will discover their vision that will keep them inspired to set fascinating goals. They will define personal and empowering beliefs to overcome obstacles along the journey. Students will walk away with an action plan to commit 100% to their vision.
7. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)- This session takes a unique, conversational approach and brings participants on a journey that challenges what they know about DEI. This session is not just about diversity and social justice. It is the start of a much bigger conversation about what it means to be a human being, make connections, and celebrate one another’s individuality and identity.
8. Communication & Teamwork: What makes a team work? Communication. And what makes communication work? The team. This session will change the way you work with each other…forever. This session takes participants through each step of the process in four easily-digested parts—communication, cooperation, collaboration, and synergy. Participants will get the chance to practice their communication & teamwork skills through games and exercises, as they build habits of better communicators.
9. Conflict Resolution- Most of us don’t understand conflict, and more so, we just hate dealing with it. If you want to change the way you or your organization deals with conflict, it starts with learning about why conflict happens, discovering your own conflict management style, and understanding how to deal with conflict. During this experience, we will discuss the myths, stereotypes, and fears about conflict. Students will then gain relevant and ready-to-use tools that they can put into practice.
10. Core Genius- When you are good at everything, you are genius at NOTHING. At the same time, people are not motivated to do the things they suck at. In this session, participants will explore and discover where their Genius lies and develop an optimal performance strategy based upon their individual Genius Profile.
11. Strengths Development- The word “Strengths” is the buzzword today in American Higher Education. This seminar experience examines the philosophy and benefits of maximizing your strengths and unleashing your full potential.
12. Good Relationships- We can all agree that good relationships are better than bad ones. In this session, we empower students to cultivate positive and healthy relationships. Through discussion and activities, the participants will develop the tools they need to transform the relationships in their lives and their campus community.